[pLog-general] Templates get cached? + question about actions

Oscar Renalias phunkphorce at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 07:28:19 GMT 2005

> > I've noticed the same behaviour since I made some changes yesterday...
> > I got a tip that pages generated by pLog were not being cached by
> > reverse proxies (from somebody who had had a problem with proxies) and
> > a solution. However, I noticed that the browser was really caching a
> > lot more content than it should!
> >
> > I have removed those changes (basically, a call to
> > session_cache_limiter('public') before every call to session_start())
> > and updated the repository. Can you please try again and see if solves
> > your problem?
>
> Unfortunately it does not. I have tried also switching back in revisions (cvs
> up trunk --revision #) up to some 680 (which I guess shoud be far before
> yesterday) and still have that caching problem :-(
> My installed 0.3.2 doesn't do that (so this is not an apache or browser
> problem)
> tmp dir has permissions set to 777.

did you clean your browser's cache and the ./tmp folder? In my case,
removing those changes helped... At least I could tell the difference:
pages used to load almost inmediately (when the changes were still
there) while after they were removed, it took a bit longer for those
pages to be generated, I suppose a clear sign that the browser was
making the request instead of using the cached version.

One more thing, make sure that "template_compile_check" (it's under
site admin->template settings) If disabled, smarty will never check if
the template needs to be recompiled, even if we changed.

> For what concerns the rest, thank you very much for the help and the link to
> the wiki, I'll be porting my plugins in my spare time this week :-) I hope it
> won't be too painful :-)

Well let me know if it actually is painful :-) This could also be a
good moment for improving the docs in the wiki regarding plugins and
pages like this one:

http://www.plogworld.net/wikinew/index.php/PLog_1.0/Porting_Plugins

Feel free to add stuff :-)

Oscar