[pLog-general] It's about time... pLog 1.0 is out :-)

Benjamin Krause ork at orkland.de
Fri Apr 1 07:33:34 GMT 2005

bcliang wrote:
> I've been out of touch for almost a month now (tests, interviews,
> training, etc).  Looks like I got back just in time!  I just svn
> updated and everything's working smoothly (Apache 1.3, MySQL 4.1, ),
> or at least I didn't see any errors at first glance.  I didn't need to
> expand PHP's memory limit beyond the default 8MB, though I did just in
> case -- I checked and pLog operates pretty close to the limit
> (somewhere about 7.5 MB).

Hey..

I agree that pLog is far to memory hungry.. esp. in the admin interface.
i would like to see my duty for the 1.1 release to drastically improve
memory usage and performance of pLog.
There are to many SQL selects, to many lines of coded that are not
needed for most requests. and if you insert a few plugins you can easily
go beyond the 8M edge.

oscar asked for 1.1 features, that might be my part:

- analyse code for performance and bottlenecks
- speed up the code
- add some advanced caching mechanism like Cache_Like
(http://pear.php.net/package/Cache_Lite)

Ben