[pLog-general] why split HTML files into pieces?

Oscar Renalias oscar at qdevel.com
Tue Nov 16 12:43:32 GMT 2004

I don't like tools like dreamweaver, I've tried before and they didn't really
make my life any easier!

Anyway, you couldn't use dreamweaver if the whole template was in one page
either. Keep in mind that Smarty templates do not pass the "xml test" because
they do not use xml tags but smarty's own {...} and {/...} so loading a smarty
template in dreamweaver will result in... I don't know :)

There are better template engines our there better suited for visual html
editors such as http://phptal.sourceforge.net/ but unfortunately, smarty is not
one of them.

Will this hinder the development of new templates for plog? Perhaps, but copying
the same header and footer code in 6,7 or 8 different templates is not a
solution either. A alid solution (and it has already been suggested in the past
but I never saw any efforts towares achieving this goal) would be to create a
clean and simple basic template, totally driven by css. The template should be
as easy as

A template like this would allow people to concentrate on the css code itself
instead of messing around with the markup/smarty code. Perhaps that's a better
solution?

Oscar