[pLog-general] Notes, quesitions and comments

Oscar Renalias oscar at qdevel.com
Thu Nov 4 06:39:01 GMT 2004

> >> * Still havn't uncovered how to use plugin objects in the templates.
> >> $karma->Xxx is broken and returns error.
> >

> > The karma plugin now works a bit differently than before, since it uses
> > three custom fields to store the karma score of a post: one for positive
> > votes, one for negative votes and a checkbox that tells whether the post
> > is modded down or not. Try to checkout the plugins module and enable the
> > karma plugin. In order to fetch the karma scores of a post,
> > {$post->getFieldValue("positiveKarma")} and
> > {$post->getFieldValue("negativeKarma")} will do. Also manually changing
> > the karma scores has become now as easy as changing the values of the
> > custom fields in the "edit post" page.
>
> I see what you mean. Before though we had karma.php which I can see has
> been replaced with custom actions. In the karma plugin we have the
> function to create the link used to vote. When I try calling it with the
> id of karma, aka $karma->function, it says the object does not exist. Am
> I missing the obvious?

Hmmm... maybe I forgot something, I need to take a look at the plugin. But last
time I checked, in plugins/karma/pluginkarma.class.php you can find methods such
as getPositiveUrl(), getNegativeUrl(), etc. They don't work?

Also, does the $karma object exist at all?

> Always welcome. Its looking real nice so far. For the record I'm
> averaging about 55k hits a month and after changing to the devel source
> the load has been a bit lighter. I'll conduct some _real_ stress and
> load tests and let you know.

GOod to hear that the performance improvements are noticeable :)

Let me know if you have any other question!

Oscar