[pLog-general] Wiki status

Mike Welsh yomcat at yomcat.geek.nz
Tue Dec 14 19:58:57 GMT 2004

On 14/12/2004, at 8:38 PM, Oscar Renalias wrote:

>> I can do this, a little. Just changing the default template, not
>> building a new one from ground up.
>
> my idea was to take the default one and make changes to that one... It
> shouldn't be that difficult, we just need to fit the current layout
> into a <div> of fixed size plus adding the header and footer from the
> new design.
Yea, thats easy. I'm not too hot on divs of fixed width, but I can do
it (I have a 1280 res screen)

> I also had the idea that the different sections in a phpbb forum
> ("FAQ", "Profile", "Log in", etc) could be additional tabs in the
> site, in the same way that when you click the "about" link here
> (http://www.plogworld.net/devel/blog/plog_development_snapshot/page/
> features)
> you see a few tabs called "features", "project info", etc.
Thats easy enough. It'll take some time, but its just editing .tpl
files (Smarty)
> But I'm
> pretty sure that this would require some extra php code... so let's
> forget about it for the time being.
I don't think so. I'll have a look sometime.

> Anyway, if you're willing to do it, let's start by fitting and
> tweaking the current layout by putting into the main <div
> id="page">...</div>. You can get the header and footer markup by
> looking at the generated code of any of the pages in
> devel.plogworld.org.
I get header, but not footer.
And why not just use a {php} and include the header and footer incase
you decide to edit it or something?
> Have you got a phpbb installation that you could
> tinker with?
What version?

> Oscar
Mike