[pLog-general] Some help

Oscar Renalias phunkphorce at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 15:13:34 GMT 2005

Hello again,

I think that 1.0 brings enough new features to say that we are at the
same level (or even higher) that other tools such as Wordpress or
Drupal so probably what we need now is some marketing and promotion.

I have compiled a checklist of things that could be done to promote plog better:

- place an annoucement in sites like freshmeat.net, hotscripts.com,
etc. --> ANY OTHER SITE??

- create something like a press release in at least English and
Chinese and send it to sites like Newsforge, Slashdot, etc, perhaps
they will even publish it :-) --> COULD SOMEONE WRITE SOMETHING NICE?
Also, ANY OTHER SITE??

- create a "comms kit", perhaps a few slides in pdf format --> I can
create a master .ppt/.keynote/OO template, but VOLUNTEERS OR IDEAS
REGARDING THE CONTENTS ARE WELCOME!

- finish off the new design for www.plogworld.net. At the moment the
site is mostly a development blog but I would prefer that the blog is
no longer the centre of the site. Instead, I would like to add some
sections with more information. I have a draft at
http://devel.plogworld.net/blog/plog_development_snapshot but the
contents need to be finalized and the whole blog needs to be designed
(http://devel.plogworld.net/blog/plog_development_snapshot/page/blog)
--> HELP IS APPRECIATED HERE TOO :-)

- The persons running the local plog sites might have other
area-specific ideas too... --> WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW MORE

In general any other idea regarding promotion and marketing will be
appreciated...

Oscar