[pLog-general] Beta testing phase 2

Oscar Renalias phunkphorce at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 14:57:20 GMT 2005

Hello,

time to lay out the plans for beta testing phase 2. I'm sending this
to you and to plog-general because I have lost track of who's in the
list and who's out so hope you don't mind if you get two copies :-)

At the moment I am waiting for the "Dashboard" screen to be finished.
I have not had time to work on it myself  either... I would very much
like to offer a complete and almost final package during beta phase 2
but if this issue is not solved within the next few days, I will start
providing packages without this feature and it will be added later on.

The phase 2 should last about 4 weeks. During the first 3 weeks the
beta will include debug information and during the last week the debug
stuff will be removed. It should hopefully also speed things up a bit
:-)

During phase 2, everything should be ready for testing: core,
templates and plugins. In fact I think that everything is almost
ready:

- Mark has done a great job updating the plugins and making them UI-compliant.
- Jon and other people from Taiwan have also done a great job
upgrading the extra template sets.
- The core seems to be working fine too, despite some open issues
(http://bugs.plogworld.net/view.php?id=152,
http://bugs.plogworld.net/view.php?id=238)

No more changes shall be committed to svn during this period, unless
they're bug fixes or new translations. I am very serious about this
but exceptions can (and will) be made... just be a bit verbose in your
svn commit logs so that it is clear to everyone about what your commit
does/fixes!

Packages will be automatically built daily off of our svn repository
so whoever commits a change, better make sure it works unless you want
to screw a lot of people :-) Packages will be provided via
devel.plogworld.net but I still need to build the "build" script and
decide where to put them but those are easy issues.

If everything goes fine, we might see a final release of pLog 1.0 on
the 1st of April :-)

Let me know if I have forgotten something or if you have any concern.

Oscar