[pLog-general] Calendar form customizing

Michael Paluchowski paluchowski at post.pl
Mon Apr 11 15:34:46 GMT 2005

Monday, April 11, 2005, 9:45:28 AM, you wrote:

>> Kind see this site: http://carol.bluecircus.net/ , see the calendar
>> under the banner.

Well, that site's code kinda sucks... I mean 350 errors on validation
- that's nasty.

But back to the calendar:

> CSS is more than enough to accomplish this. If you look at Mark's
> example, even if laid out horizontally the calendar is one big table
> styled with CSS so I don't think there will be any problem
> customizing yours the same way. Just make sure to take a look at all
> the CSS classes used and change them to suit your needs in your
> stylesheet.

Well, it's not that simple, since that site's calendar is a (messy)
one-row table, and pLog's calendar has around 5 rows, 7 cells each.

What I'd like to achieve is a calendar with the name of the month and
all days given in one, vertical column. Doing it with the current HTML
for the table would require quite a bit of CSS hacking and I doubt the
end effect would be satisfactory.

It would be far easier, if for example the $calendar template variable
would be an object, displaying different layouts according to the
designers will, ie.:

{$calendar->standard()} - shows what is being shown now
{$calendar->row()} - all in one row
{$calendar->column()} - all in one column

What's your opinion on implementing such a feature?

--
 Michael Paluchowski
   mailto:paluchowski at post.pl
     http://www.buggybrain.com