[pLog-general] why split HTML files into pieces?

Francesc Pla francesc at qdevel.com
Mon Nov 15 18:04:53 GMT 2004

Hi,

Personally I never use tools such as Dreamweaver. If you code your templates
by hand, as Nick and Oscar said, it's better to split them in smaller pieces
resulting in reusable headers, menus, ... it definitely makes easier to reuse
and maintain the code.

Of course if you use some visual design tool it makes harder to edit templates
made by hand. It's been a while since last time I used a visual editing tool,
but if they haven't changed, I remember they produce bloated code full of
unusable contents. I also don't know if they finally have a decent support
for XHTML 1.0 Strict and CSS. That were the main reasons that made me start
coding by hand.

Anyway you can make your templates with the tool you find more useful and
adequate for your needs, but you have to understand that we can't force
everyone to use a tool as standard application to make templates for our
project.

Francesc.