[pLog-general] pLog development server down ...

Oscar Renalias oscar at qdevel.com
Mon Nov 8 11:23:49 GMT 2004

I noticed that it was down :-) But fortunately the serve came back in time!

Anyhow, just to let you know that yesterday I finished implementing support for
screenshots of template sets and a new "graphical" (based on the screenshot)
template chooser as per Mark Wu's/Blogchina request. Take a look at the
TemplateSets and TemplateSet class, as they are the code-level abstraction of
template sets.

Things left to do:

1) define a nice layout for blogtemplatechooser.template

2) agree on the height and width of template screenshots. 640x480 in jpeg?
800x600 perhaps?

3) generate 40+ screenshots of all the additional template sets plus the "basic"
ones that come with the package. The 'grey' template already has a quick and
dirty one for testing purposes but we could always come up with something
better. We should also find a "harmless" icon image that would be shown whenever
 there is no screenshot available.

You will find the template chooser in control center->manage settings->blog
settings. Integration of the new API with the wizard.php and summary.php is
still missing but it's a matter of 10 minutes...

Oscar