[pLog-general] about locale

Oscar Renalias oscar at renalias.net
Thu Nov 4 17:37:41 GMT 2004

The background for this design choice is the following: It doesn't make
much sense if the content of a blog is in Swedish, and because my
browser is set to request Spanish as the language, the rest of the
interface in Spanish.

I still think it's a better option to allow the owner of the blog to
choose in which language the site will be always shown. Also there are
issues with the languages themselves... If you visit my site and your
browser is set to Chinese, my site could potentially look awful in
Chinese and I wouldn't even know. Not to mention if we ever provide
translations to right-to-left languages (hebrew, farsi, etc), since
sites have to be carefully designed for those.

I'm open to suggestions anyway :)

Oscar