[pLog-general] Meeting with Blog China's CTO and Blog Project Manager

Mark Wu mark.wu at markplace.net
Wed Nov 3 15:58:07 GMT 2004

Hi all pLog Core Team Members:

I just got contact with BlogChina's CTO - Donald Yu , and their Blog Project
Manager - JianXiang

They told me they are very happy can have some contact with pLog Team ...:D

The following is the meeting minutes about tonight MSN meeting:

1. Their blog hosting service is over 60,000 blogs right now .... NOT 20,000
bloggers (Their service just start 3 month, there targe is over 1M bloggers)

2. They like pLog, because

  - Great MVC framework, easy to follow and maintain

  - DB Struture is good

3. They don't like pLog, because

  - Bad perfomance!! They do the following to improve the performance

    )) Add Indexs to pLog Tables, They complains a lot of this :P

    )) Separate the plog_article table to two, plog_article and
plog_article_text to increas search perfomance

    )) Add smarty cache and apache cache to increase the page load and
descrease server loading

    )) .... Actually, they re-write most of the codes ....

4. They host the blog on one server (DB+AP) and apache cache in another
server (2 machines)

Okay, The most important is =====>  I already told them I would like to host
a online conference for pLog core team and BlogChina members, they are very
happy about this idea. So .... Please let me know your time, and I can
arrange the meeting!!

I think we can discuss with them about

1. pLog 1.0 features

2. pLog performance improvement discussion

3. others ----> any suggestions???

Regards, Mark