[pLog-general] pLog hosting Analysis in China and Taiwan

Oscar Renalias oscar at renalias.net
Tue Nov 2 18:29:13 GMT 2004

Hi,

yes, I also agree that this is a good job. But there's one issue that
is not mentioned at all... Are blogit and blogchina happy with the
performance of plog? Haven't they really requested any performance
improvements? I'm quite surprised (but happy!) to hear that 0.3.2 is
working fine despite the many performance "black spots" that we
detected when developing 1.0 (and that were improved!) Anyway, this
means that if now it is working fine for them, 1.0 will be working even
better :-)

Regarding the suggestions provided in the slides, most of them are
perfectly valid and I don't see whay they couldn't eventually be part
of the core, even though I agree with some of them but I have my doubts
about some others... So far we've tried to make a compromise between
features for normal users and features for bigger blogging sites, but
some of the things suggested in the site would only be appealing to
blogging communities (such as the "common/public" article category) or
the blog category.  But then other things like the idea of the template
chooser shoulnd't be too difficult too implement, and this could
probably be added at any moment (we just need screenshots of all the
template sets, and let's see if I have some time)

At the moment the implementation of the new admin interface is taking
absolutely all of my time so any help will be welcome...

Oscar