[pLog-general] Some help

Jon Daley plogworld at daley.snurgle.org
Tue Mar 1 19:45:45 GMT 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, michael wrote:
> Also, does anyone suggest good hosting provider for plog?  Such as one
> that allows wildcards for subdomains and other features that plog can
> take advantage of?

 	It is slightly premature, but I will respond so I can erase this
message out of my inbox...

 	I have started my own business recently, embedded software
contracting, as well as internet hosting.  I have been hosting various
individuals and companies from my home (DSL) machine, and it has come to
the point where I need more bandwidth, so will be co-locating a server in
Los Angeles.  I hope to be up and running some time in March.

 	I suppose you might be asking for free hosting, and I don't know
if I can provide that.  I don't really want to have to keep strict tabs on
bandwidth, but for free users, I would have to have some sort of limit.

 	The colo is reasonably cheap, and has all the regular hosting
stuff, redundant internet, power, hard drives, etc.

 	So, I don't know if that "counts" for what you are looking for.

*     Jonathan M. Daley     *   If electrical and computer   *
*                           *   engineers made the roads in  *
*   jondaley at snurgle.org    *  Pittsburgh, there'd be solder *
*                           *      all over the place...     *
* www.snurgle.org/~jondaley *                  -- Ryohei Ota *