[pLog-general] How others promote their Weblog Tools (S9Y)

Reto Hugi plog at hugi.to
Thu Jun 23 18:28:13 GMT 2005

Hi

I'm a regular reader of Kristian Koehntopp's Blog and came across his
presentation on S9Y at the Linuxtag (Linux Day) somewhere in Germany.

His presentation is in english and has some aspects that are relevant to
pLog, too.

Read it in HTML:
http://kris.koehntopp.de/artikel/s9y/linuxtag2005/s9y%20overview.html

Or get the PDF:
http://kris.koehntopp.de/artikel/s9y/linuxtag2005/s9y%20overview.pdf

Quotes I think are important for pLog, too:
We need more and better literature
 - Did not say „documentation“ on purpose
 - Need articles showing the „use of“ and „uses for“ S9Y in text and images
We need usability improvements
 - Make it simpler. Yes, even simpler.

S9Y needs more examples
–Show uses for S9Y
–Show (don't tell) how aspects of S9Y work
  -Tutorial, article, not documentation
  -End users do not read documentation