[pLog-general] First pLog site slashdotted

Jon Daley plogworld at daley.snurgle.org
Sun Apr 24 22:23:41 GMT 2005

A couple slashdotters reported this, prior to the site dying.

Fatal error: out of dynamic memory in yy_create_buffer() in Unknown on
line 0

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005, Benjamin Krause wrote:

> Oscar Renalias wrote:
>> Rice university has been using plog for their blogs for a while now.  One
>> of their blogs, called 'nanotube' was slashdotted a few hours ago:
>> http://blogs.rice.edu/nanotube
>>
>> This is the original article that caused the slashdotting:
>> http://science.slashdot.org/science/05/04/23/1747208.shtml? tid=191&tid=14
>>
>> Guess pLog didn't quite survive the avalanche of hits...
>
> well.. thats not good news .. any information what caused the down-time?

*                           *  If we are to be disciples of  *
*     Jonathan M. Daley     *    Christ, we need to accept   *
*                           *    discipline as part of our   *
*   jondaley at snurgle.org    *   spiritual life - not out of  *
*                           *  blind obedience to authority, *
* www.snurgle.org/~jondaley *  but as a personal expression  *
*                           *  of investing ourselves fully  *
*                           *      in all that we value.     *
*                           *        -- Father Gary Dalmasso *