[pLog-general] Thoughts about summarystats.class.php

Reto Hugi plog at hugi.to
Sat Apr 23 14:00:02 GMT 2005

Hi

At the moment I can't figure out a easy way to get the 5 most recent
articles from my blog. (I'd like to link the five most recent articles
on my homepage.)

This problem was already discussed here:
http://bugs.plogworld.net/view.php?id=239

I think this would be one of those "small improvements" to plog for the
1.0.1 release. I'd like to suggest second solution here:

Why not just write a function for the summarystats class which could be
named getRecentArticlesOfBlog and would require two params: "number of
articles" and "blogID".

This wouldn't interfere with the current summary pages and would be an
easy and fast solution. IMO this function would make many users happy,
not running plog as a community blogging tool...

I'd even write the function (well I think I'll do it anyway, unless the
patch submitted by pest makes it into 1.0.1 in any kind of (modified)
version) ;)

What do guys think?

reto