[pLog-general] Including IE7 in pLog

Reto Hugi plog at hugi.to
Sun Nov 28 21:44:06 GMT 2004

On 28.11.2004 15:36, Oscar Renalias wrote:
> But hey, it's 380kb zipped! :)
> I don't think that we really need this at the moment for any of the
> functionality of plog. Also, if your template needs it for some of its
> functionality you will only need to include it in the package and make
> a reference to it in the html markup.

You're right, oscar. It's quite a big package, but it's like the smarty
package (or even worse): you get a lot of demo files which are
absolutely useless. I just spent 5mins on selecting usefull packages
(including probably too much) and I endet up with a zip file of 96kb. I
think this is an acceptable size and encourages template designers to
write complient code and not to spend hours on bad ie6 fixes/hacks. It's
another way to promote standards compliance...promoting firefox is the
other ;)

I would of course offer to provide you with a proper package of IE7 and
keeping it updated in following versions.

BTW, it's not a question of funktionality, it all about compliance. IE7
replaces css with javascript for IE6 Browser.

reto