[pLog-general] On php5...

Francesc Pla francesc at qdevel.com
Mon Nov 15 18:41:39 GMT 2004

Hi,

I think we shouldn't start a pure PHP5 version of pLog until we have 1.0
ready, then we can make a new branch for it, or even put it on main
development trunk and continue 1.0 derivative versions on branches.

Su baochen your help is highly appreciated in making current development
version work with PHP5.

Regarding to derivative frameworks ... I'm one of the persons involved in
first attempt to create an application framework derivative from pLog, as
Oscar explained the idea was pretty cool but it's too difficult to make a
good framework without modifying whole pLog, and it's also impossible to have
a good framework for generic applications using current pLog classes without
modifications, so we finally decided to make a fork. Based on that experience
I also say that it's actually better to continue pLog as it is. If you're
interested in MVC frameworks we have continued to develop the framework
derivative from pLog and we're using it in some applications so if you're
interested on a framework maybe you would like to give a try to our work. We
haven't make it public because there's still some stuff left to do, and we
also have to write documentation, examples, ... but it's a GPL project and
there's no problem in giving you a copy of it.

Francesc.