[pLog-general] About comment authentication image!!

Oscar Renalias oscar at qdevel.com
Tue Nov 2 07:34:30 GMT 2004

Hello Mark!

> 1. I need to do this becacsue I heard some pLogger in Taiwan already attack
> by comment spam bots, so... I have to do this....  :(

Uh ok. Well an alternative would be to pack your plugin in a way that it also
includes the patched version of addcommentaction.class.php so that your plugin
can work. One question, though: if your plugin is removed, will
addcommentaction.class.php still work if the plugin does *not* exist anymore? We
don't want users to run into weird problems because of this so if we can ensure
that everything will work fine after the file from the plugins/ folder is
removed, then the better :)

So the structure of the .zip file with the plugin would be:

plugins/
   pluginyourplugin.class.php
class/
   action/
      addcommentaction.class.php

When users unpack it, it will automatically overwrite all files needed.

> 2. Actually, I already done the easist one "recent comments". But can you
> give me a simple example that can handle plugin-template/locale ... I did
> not see plugins come with 1.0

Checkout the following svn module:

http://devel.plogworld.org/svn/plog/plugins/trunk

And make links from the folders it will create to the plog/plugins folder. Once
done, log into the admin interface and click the "Plugin Center" section so that
the list of plugins is reloaded (in 1.0 the plugins folder is not scanned
*every* request but only when using the "plugin center", so that everything can
work a bit faster!)

There are quite many examples already available... Most of them come with their
own templates, locale files, action classes and register new options in the user
interface. Have fun :-)

As soon as I have the time I will write some docs in the wiki about how to port
plugins from 0.3.x to 1.0 and how the new parts work.

> 3. I already setup a plog plugin development testing site, and I will post
> 1.0 plugin update here .... I will remain this site in english
> http://plogdev.markplace.net/ , then I think all of us can know the progress
> of porting without any translation, but, need need some volunteer to help me
> to correct my english grammer and spelling. :D

We gave you write access to the repository, right? If so, you can add your
new/ported plugins to the plog/plugins/trunk folder.

> 4. I survey blogchina for a while, and also discuss with Francesc about some
> new features that BlogChina does ... I will post the discussion here for
> further discussion.

Great idea! The sooner we can get that list, the better. But keep in mind that I
wasn't planning to make any more changes to the core... (I am pretty much done
with that)

> 5. So, how can I do the function that I request in 1.0? Use the "event"
> trigger?? It indeed easier then 0.32 ...

I think the "secret" plugin in 1.0 could be a good example. Take a look!

Oscar