[pLog-general] About comment authentication image!!

Oscar Renalias oscar at renalias.net
Mon Nov 1 21:41:05 GMT 2004

Hi,

at the moment it is quite unlikely that this will ever make it into the
core... But there is no need to worry, this can be added as a plugin
that will register a custom filter that will check for new comments.

It would only need your plugin to register a filter in the pipeline.
Your custom field will then check whether we are trying to add a
comment and if so, check the authentication code printed in the image
and compare it to what the user in the text area. If they match,
everythign will proceed as normal and if not, plugins are allowed via
filters to alter the workflow of the operation and in this case,
stopping the addition of the comment to the database.

I can give you more information related to this if needed...

Also in a more general note, how about we stop hacking forever 0.3.x
and start working on cool plugins for 1.0? :-)

Oscar