[pLog-general] Choosing a new default template for 1.0...

Oscar Renalias phunkphorce at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 13:32:06 GMT 2004

Hi,

the 'grey', 'blueish' and 'lemons' templates that come with plog are
just fine but they're not really exciting... I have already spent
hundreds of hours redesigning the the admin interface to make it look
stunning and we should do the same with the public view of the default
blog. so I was thinking that for our forthcoming 1.0 release we should
find a default template set that really shines...

Of course, I was wondering what your opinion is :-) Which one of the
current available templates do you like the most (if any!):
http://plog.bliang.com/blog.php/plog_development_journal/album/screenshots_of_template_sets

My choices (in order of preference)

- tribal: http://plog.bliang.com/blog.php/plog_development_journal/resource/screenshots_of_template_sets/tribal_screenshot.jpg
- standard: http://plog.bliang.com/blog.php/plog_development_journal/resource/screenshots_of_template_sets/standard_screenshot.jpg
- minitemplate:
http://plog.bliang.com/blog.php/plog_development_journal/resource/screenshots_of_template_sets/minitemplate_screenshot.jpg
- reic:
http://plog.bliang.com/blog.php/plog_development_journal/resource/screenshots_of_template_sets/reic_screenshot.jpg
(though the colors should be adjusted a bit)

Speaking about the 'tribal' template, I just checked the author's
page... take a look at the new design, it's great!! What do you think?
If we like it, we could contact the author and ask for either the
rights to use it as our default template or even for a customized
version...

If not, then I am sure that the author of the 'standard' template will
be more than willing to help us...

Or is there anybody here willing to design a new template from the
ground up? :-)

Oscar